The Cinema HD features an active-matrix liquid crystal display that produces flicker-free images that deliver twice the brightness, twice the sharpness and twice the contrast ratio of a typical CRT display. Unlike other flat panels, it's designed with a pure digital interface to deliver distortion-free images that never need adjusting. With over 4 million digital pixels, the display is uniquely suited for scientific and technical applications such as visualizing molecular structures or analyzing geological data.
Unrivaled display performance
- 30-inch (viewable) active-matrix liquid crystal display provides breathtaking image quality and vivid, richly saturated color.
- Support for 2560-by-1600 pixel resolution for display of high definition still and video imagery.
- Wide-format design for simultaneous display of two full pages of text and graphics.
- Industry standard DVI connector for direct attachment to Mac- and Windows-based desktops and notebooks
- Incredibly wide (170 degree) horizontal and vertical viewing angle for maximum visibility and color performance.
- Lightning-fast pixel response for full-motion digital video playback.
- Support for 16.7 million saturated colors, for use in all graphics-intensive applications.
Screen size (diagonal viewable image size)
- Apple Cinema HD Display: 30 inches (29.7-inch viewable)
- Thin film transistor (TFT) active-matrix liquid crystal display (AMLCD)
- 2560 x 1600 pixels (optimum resolution)
- 2048 x 1280
- 1920 x 1200
- 1280 x 800
- 1024 x 640
Display colors (maximum)
Viewing angle (typical)
- 170° horizontal; 170° vertical
- 30-inch Cinema HD Display: 400 cd/m2
Contrast ratio (typical)
Response time (typical)
- 30-inch Cinema HD Display: 0.250 mm
- Mac Pro, all graphic options
- MacBook Pro
- Power Mac G5 (PCI-X) with ATI Radeon 9650 or better or NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT DDL or better
- Power Mac G5 (PCI Express), all graphics options
- PowerBook G4 with dual-link DVI support
- Windows PC and graphics card that supports DVI ports with dual-link digital bandwidth and VESA DDC standard for plug-and-play setup